I made a pie chart
This is the kind of math I like.
I made a pie chart
This is the kind of math I like.
I was extremely kissable today and do you know how many kisses I received??? ZERO
When I say I want to read the book before seeing the movie, I don’t want brownie points or bragging rights. I want to be able to read the book with my imagined world and idea of the characters without the movie’s influence at least once. After you see the movie there’s always some part of it that sticks in your head for a long time and you lose the enjoyment of making it up yourself.
Thank. You. For. Saying. This.
"Do you know what’s funny? Sometimes I’ll see photographs of myself in the early days of The X-Files and I think that my attitude towards the whole thing was very similar to Kristen Stewart’s,"
“There’s a very similar look in my eye; slightly defiant, slightly bored. All I ever got was: ‘Smile! Smile!’ when I didn’t want to smile. And I really wish that somebody at that time had told me: ‘You know that it’s OK to be who you really are’.”
Gillian Anderson on Kristen Stewart
A young Patrick Stewart as Oberon in A Midsummer Night’s Dream. (1977-78)
Oh… Very much make it so.
Learn to Crochet!
Crochet Gif Tutorials: Crocodile Stitch
A tutorial in 7 parts:
Part 1 - First Foundation Row
Part 2 - Row 1, First Scale
Part 3 - Row 1, Middle Scales
Part 4 - Row 1, Last Scale
Part 5 - Second Foundation Row
Part 6 - Row 2
Part 7 - Third Foundation Row
This tutorial shows my technique for making the crocodile stitch. I’ve looked at various other tutorials in the past and they all seem to have slightly different methods, but this is what I came up with as the way that works for me. I hope that it will help you too - but as always, play around and see what you like best!
So far, this tutorial only covers making the crocodile stitch in rows - so for things like scarves or anything rectangular. At some point in the future I hope to cover the adaptions you need to make to work this in the round.
Happy hooking! XX
Jack Harkness is probably the reason why bilateral symmetry is the template for all intelligent lifeforms in this series’ universe.
Please tell me I wasn’t the only one making this theory while watching Utopia in Season 3.
I finished watching season 2 of The Mindy Project on Netflix… now what I am I supposed to do at work?!
… oh wait …
Today I developed a newfound appreciation for the elliptical
OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO FOR JENNY LEWIS' JUST ONE OF THE GUYS, featuring Kristen Stewart, Brie Larson and Anne Hathaway.
GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
May I just say, before I saw this gifset explaining the show, I just thought that PD was about a really adorable germ-a-phobe.
Pushing Daisies is one of my all time favourite shows. Gutted it only had two season but those two seasons are PHENOMENAL!
This post converted me
I am now on episode five
I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW WORTH IT THIS SHOW IS
I have loved this show from the beginning - and yet I so appreciate the list above - some things I can’t believe I never realized! Seriously people, watch it! (and if you can afford it or find them, maybe try to buy the DVDs? - or is it on Netflix in the US? Maybe more shows like this one will be made if the sales prove to the decision makers that there is an audience)